My books are in the final stages of editing and unfortunately some material didn’t make the final cut. These gesture facts are innocent casualties of editing war. But just because they didn’t make the books, doesn’t mean they aren’t still great. Check’em out!
Six cool facts about gestures:
1. The top rated TED presenters use the most gestures.
2. People who use the most gestures in interviews receive the most offers.
3. When your hands are showing, you’re more likely to put people at ease.
4. The simple act of a handshake increases oxytocin, which is one of the hormones necessary for building trust between people.
5. It’s been found that audiences perceive speakers who use gestures to have more energy and warmth.
6. Gestures have been found to aid in memory recall (and if you’re like me and need all the help you can get, you might as well try it!)
Stay social, my friends.